Sunday, December 17, 2006

Object of desire

Isn’t this just such a fine specimen of kitchen loveliness? I stumbled across a competition to win a black Kitchen Aid on the Nigella site – unfortunately after the competition had ended though! I’ve lusted after a Kitchen Aid for ever so long but when I was confronted with a bargain shiny and gorgeous chrome one several years ago when a small kitchen shop at Borough Market was closing down, I came over all un-customarily practical and admitted that my kitchen is just too small to give it the sort of statue and space it deserves. And frankly I’m not a very prolific baker at all. I need to chop and blend more than mix and these jobs I generally do with my Bamix now, I really can’t remember the last time I used my food processor or blender. Though if I did have the space for one, I'd probably make bread more often and perhaps become more domestic goddess-like just so I could drool over my Kitchen Aid.

I have a picture of a whisk from a Kitchen Aid from one of Nigel Slater’s Observer cooking columns from years ago. This may be the nearest I get to having one in this tiny kitchen. Never mind I can but dream!

No comments: