Sunday, December 10, 2006

Chocolate, Champagne and Chambord...

...these are some of my favourite things.

I found this interesting recipe for indulgent little desserts using some of my favourite ingredients and they're apparantly easy to whip up at short notice. I guess perfect for that 'must have chocolate' fix!

I'm not sure where I originally got the recipe from but it piqued my interest enough to write it down. Now I've just got to make it. Christmas seems the perfect time because there is bound to be chocolate, Champagne and Chambord in abundance. I will report back on how fabulous it was.

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE POTS - For two people
· Melt 50g dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of just-simmering water and set aside to cook a little.

· Whisk 100ml double cream until holding soft peaks.

· Whisk the chocolate into the cream, a little at a time.

· Add 3tbsp Champagne and mix well. (or a mixture of Champagne and Chambord).

· Add more Champagne if needed, to get the right consistency – the mousse should be soft enough to pour but thick enough to eat straight away.

· Pour into small pots and serve immediately garnished with chocolate shavings or chill for up to 24 hours.


It does sound rather decadent and delicious doesn't it?

No comments: