CHOCOLATE GINGER POTS - For four people
· Chop up four balls of stem ginger and place a quarter into each ramekin
· Melt 125g of chopped dark chocolate in a large heatproof bowl.
· Meanwhile, bring 400ml single cream to a boil in a small saucepan and simmer for 1 minute.
· Pour the boiled cream through a sieve onto the melted chocolate
· Add 3tbsp of ginger syrup from the jar and stir until well combined.
· Divide mixture amongst the four ramekins and chill until set.
· Serve with a few slivers of ginger, a drizzle of ginger syrup and a little whipped cream (if desired).
I made a large bowl of this chocolate ginger dessert last year, as I didn’t have enough ramekins but I am pretty sure M has enough little M&S ramekins for a small village. I think she may have a serious soufflé and crab gratin habit!
Update: I did make this recipe again this Christmas to go with all the savoury nibbles for the family festive feast. I topped each one with a chocolate covered nugget of stem ginger - just because I happened to have them to hand.
M does indeed have the world's largest collection of ramekins (this dish didn't even use a quarter of them) but has kindly donated a stack each to both D and myself so she can start collecting more of them in the new year. You never know when you're going to need a little white ramekin!