Sunday, November 05, 2006

Salmon scrambled

Probably my favourite fast food is creamy scrambled egg with smoked salmon, plenty of chopped chives and black pepper. I like to cut the salmon into rosy ribbons and cook some with the egg mixture and reserve a little to top the completed dish with. I probably make my scrambled eggs in an rather unusual way. I break the two eggs straight into a small non-stick pan (no extra washing up for me!) with a little butter. Whisk them in the pan with a silicon whisk, add a slurp of double cream and if I have it, add the salmon ribbons. I could never make scrambled egg in the microwave as I have to watch the alchemy transition from runny egg to perfect golden scrambled egg, and it all happens so quickly I have to make sure I don't miss it. Mmmm, mmmm.

I employed my gorilla pod in the taking of this dish so I could really get those chives captured. I remember being inspired by the photography of her egg mayonnaise and chives on Posie’s Place before I went to France. I think my photos looks a lot more mouth watering now; clearly my time in France and all the research I have been doing have served me well, but I still have so much to learn. Smile salmon, smile!

No comments: