Monday, November 13, 2006

La vie de Chambord

Thinking ahead to the ‘f’ session (that's for you D!) has got me pondering and planning menus, nibbles and party drinks in abundance. And party drinks for me means Chambord (and a dash of warm Winter PIMM’S I think this year). Chambord is such a deliciously decadent liqueur in a pleasing orb shaped bottle – and definitely increases the possibility of merriment on all occasions! Fortunately each bottle of Chambord comes with a booklet of recipes for cocktails and dishes using the ruby elixir and these are some of my favourites.

RASPBERRY MARTINI
6 raspberries
25ml Chambord
50 ml vodka
ice cubes

- Muddle the raspberries with the Chambord
- Add vodka and ice into shaker
- Strain into martini glass and garnish with berries

CHAMBORD ENERGISER
25ml vodka (Stolichnaya Razberi for perference)
25ml Chambord
1/2 can Red Bull (I'd recommend sugar free unless you want to be scraped off the ceiling)

- Pour vodka and Chambord into a tall ice filled glass
- Top up with 1/2 can of Red Bull
- Stir

ROSSINI
15ml raspberry purée
5ml Chambord
2 dashes of orange bitters
Champagne to top up

- Add purée, Chambord and bitters to a flute
- Top gently with Champagne
- Stir gently and serve

FRENCH MARTINI
50 ml vodka
15ml Chambord
75ml fresh pineapple juice

- Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice
- Shake sharply and strain into a frosted martini glass - it should be frothy!

And of course I am never averse to swapping the Crème de Cassis in a Kir Royale for Chambord to conjure up a decadent Kir Imperial

In case I forget the quantities I have these attached to my notice board in my kitchen – very close to the fabulous crystal martini glasses – well what diva wouldn’t?

Hic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J,

Mmmnnn... Chambord! Takes me back to the USC!

The lovely L, Y and I enjoyed some lovely French Champers and Chambord on Saturday night before the Kylie concert!

Heaven! Both Kylie and Chambord!

DDx