Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lunch zipped up again


My second attempt with my new Zip ‘n Steam bags was even better than the first. I don’t know whether it was the addition of some sliced brown mushrooms that released juices to mingle with the cream cheese to make a tastier sauce or whether carrying the chopped up ingredients around in the Zip ‘n Steam bag in a chiller bag whilst I was running around the city helped the flavours to merge. Whatever it was, it was not bad at all. I had a momentary pang when L was waxing lyrical about the Waitrose Cauliflower Cheese she’d just tucked into but I just guess I’ll have to see if I can do a cheesy cauliflower thing in one of my bags. It felt good doing some proper cooking in the office, I even brought in one of my old Global knives to keep in my drawer to help with future prep. It can join the lemon zester, cheese grater, mini whisk, cheese slicer, assorted cutlery and a veritable larder of condiments.

No comments: