Monday, September 11, 2006

In remembrance

I am sure like many; I have so many poignant feelings about the 5-year anniversary of the terrible, terrible thing that happened in New York, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon. I will never forget when I first heard of the heart-rending events unfolding when I was on a cooking holiday in a little farmhouse in Normandy, France. I felt so very far away from all my friends and colleagues in New York, I had no access to email, the Internet or even a television. I was desperate to find out if everyone was okay, as it turned out they were but clearly so many thousands weren’t so lucky! New York has always been a very special place for my family and me and we have many, many fond memories. I am personally so grateful that New York has not bowed to the terrible atrocities and is still the most vibrant and amazing place to be even though we all know that the world will never be the same again.

I haven’t forgotten and I never will.

No comments: