Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A sausage fit for a train driver

I must have walked past the Lord Aberconway pub so many times without seeing the 'world famous sausages' sign. But once I spotted it, it would have been extremely difficult to just carry on walking, I mean it was lunchtime and I needed to hang around here, due to an annoying best unmentioned proclivity of a client. So I ventured forth in search of a world famous sausage and from the sausage menu I settled on the good old Cumberland ring, which came perched on a mound of quite dense mash. I could find no mention of whether the mash shared a similar global reputation but it wasn't bad and complemented the sausage perfectly.
The menu as well as having an an extensive selection of sausages and other less sausage-shaped food also explained that Lord Aberconway had something to do with the railways, though I can't remember exactly what he had to do with them. Sausages can do that to me! Though the proximity to Liverpool Street station may be a clue, but apparently not enough of one.
They weren't the best sausages in the world but not a bad effort at all and it's nice to know there's a handy sausage emporium should the need ever arise.

6 comments:

breadchick said...

Oh I'm so big on the accidental sausage encounter, especially when perched on a big pile of mash.

Anonymous said...

whats up everyone


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for, looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hiya


great forum lots of helpful people just what i need can anybody tell me how they have built there list for people interested in marketing


hopefully this is just what im looking for, looks like i have a lot to read Im trying to find a way to build an e-mail list.

Anonymous said...

Just build this forum via google. Glad to fasten you. I came here to learn your language . thanks all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey, I'm a freshman. Better had make an introduction.

Take care and Thank you

(sorry if the wrong thread to post this)