Thursday, June 07, 2007

Narrowly missed!

I had a reservation for Gordon Ramsay's new pub venture - the Narrow, this evening and was really looking forward to eating there. I've read some gushing appraisals and some more sensible but still very complementary reviews and had a severely whetted appetite. But unfortunately the restaurant gods conspired against me tonight and my dining companion got a better offer a mere fifteen minutes before we were due to arrive; necessitating a swift apologetic last minute cancellation (so hopefully they'll let me dine there on another occasion without the need for an assumed name and false beard) and a seriously hungry and thwarted J.
Hmmm, I think I may need a more reliable dining companion!
Apparently what the Narrow would have looked like if I'd managed to actually step through the door!

No comments: