Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lunch and Debauchery!

We had lunch at Corney & Barrow. The chips had been highly recommended and frankly rightly so. But I was rather taken by the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches. Sandwiches don’t normally excite me but these were very fresh and tasty. I was slightly confused by the triple-decker arrangement and ate one sandwich to be rather perplexed as to where the top (or bottom depending on which way it was held up) had gone. I scanned the table, the floor, and my lap - how could I have lost it? And then it was pointed out that the sandwich consisted of three parts and I'd only eaten two. I blame the fabulous refreshing rosé, which E encouraged (I hasten to add that I'm easily led astray!) me to drink rather a lot of - and on a schoolday as well, ummm! Though what is one to do when sat outside on a summer's day in the sunshine? Well it was sunny right up until the moment it rained, well that a British summer for you! Definitely a good, long lunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you needed much encouragement... E