Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Far from terminal

I am hungry and have some time to kill between appointments that are close together and a Prêt sandwich just doesn’t cut it today. Fortunately I on the doorstep of Terminus and pop in hoping I can grab a table for a quick lunch. There’s some tasty looking simple dishes in this clean-line restaurant. There’s steak, burger and a chicken risotto. I opt instead to have two starters with one complemented with some of my favourite mash potatoes. I had a delicious plate of Loch Fyne smoked salmon with potatoes pancakes and horseradish cream. The potato pancake was soft and fluffy and with a great punchy horseradish cream.
I then had Asparagus with mushroom duxelle, poached egg and Hollandaise sauce which was another scrummy winner. Unfortunately I was too pushed for time for a dessert. I ordered one but it wasn’t arriving speedily enough so regrettably I had to pay and run. I haven’t eaten in Terminus for ages, it can be quite a noisy restaurant so not ideal for say a lunchtime business dinner, it’s buzzy, cavernous and you can sit and watch the frenetic activity in their kitchen. I'd like to visit again when I am not in such a mad hurry. But two fast forks for Terminus.

No comments: